In 2020, the firm established the Asia Securities Environmental Sustainability Working Group, a steering group of employees from across the firm who oversee the implementation of the environmental sustainability roadmap. We had set an ambitious goal to achieve net zero emissions by FY2021 from our operations.
We are delighted to announce that Asia Securities has now become the first ZeroCarbon® certified investment services provider firm in Sri Lanka. This major milestone is a result of the firm’s deep commitment to the future of its community and decisive management actions to significantly reduce the impact of its business operations on the environment.
Main lines of action
- Leading awareness-building activities on sustainability both, within and outside the firm
- Exploring the possibility of offering sustainable investing solutions to our clientele
Understanding Climate Change and its Impact
- Climate Change FAQs - The Nature Conservancy
- Global Warming of 1.5 ºC - The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- AR6 Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis - The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- The IPCC climate report offers dire warnings—and a last, best chance to minimize the damage - Fortune